Casual Housekeeping Attendant
National Minimum Wage (as applicable by age)
The Assistant Housekeeping Manager will be part of the Hotel Housekeeping department and will report to the Head Housekeeper.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
Purpose of the Role
Responsible for delivering a high standard of cleanliness at the Goodwood Hotel. Assist the Head Housekeeper in daily duties within the department including stock control, payroll, training and development and be a team player by leading by example.
- To ensure the cleaning provision at The Goodwood Hotel is to a high standard, paying particular attention to detail;
- To communicate any shortages in staff, stock or equipment that might affect the daily operations immediately to your line manager;
- To control linen stock levels efficiently and accurately, communicating issues in a timely manner to your line manager and the linen company;
- To assist in ordering and control costs in line with budgeted levels, and take and active interest in the monthly departmental accounts;
- To deputise for your line manager in their absence and lead by example;
- To assist with recruitment, inductions, training and performance reviews of the housekeeping team;
- To monitor staffing levels and proactively recommend changes to the Head Housekeeper in line with changing levels of business;
- To assist in the management of the Health and Safety provision within the department, completing the necessary paperwork and training as
Qualities You Will Possess
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
- Please view the document (opens in a pop up)