The Fitness Instructor/Leisure Attendant will be part of the Health Club team and will report to the Leisure Manager.
At Goodwood, we celebrate our 300 year history as a quintessentially English Estate, in modern and authentic ways delivering extraordinary and engaging experiences. Our setting, 12,000 acres of West Sussex countryside and our story both play significant roles in Goodwood’s success. What really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes us the unique, luxury brand we are.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
Responsible for ensuring the front of house reception runs smoothly, assisting members and guest promptly with all Health Club and Spa matters.
- Deliver superb customer care and demonstrate excellent attention to detail, demonstrating an awareness of health and safety and providing a duty of care to all customers;
- Ensure that all housekeeping tasks are completed in a timely manner and to a high standard;
- Ensure that designated areas are presentable and well stocked at all times, communicating any outstanding jobs to your colleagues and line manager;
- Carry out regular health and safety checks is assigned areas
- Ensure all verbal and written correspondence is accurate and timely for members and guests.
- Ensure accurate usage of all software including bookings and point of sale system.
- Be responsible for the reporting of any maintenance issues using the relevant procedures;
- Carry our membership tours when walk- ins occur and the sales consultant isn’t available.
- Carry out regular health and safety checks including pool water tests;
- Complete all safety audits and pool plant tasks.
- Complete Health Pitstops and Gym inductions to fully support our members and guests
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested to do so by your line
- Passion for what you do and bundles of enthusiasm
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Proactive and helpful
- Exceptional customer care
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator and interpersonal skills
- Take responsibility for yourself
- A sense of fun!
- High standards of cleanliness
- A calm demeanour, plus you'll be extremely reliable
- Experience of working in a member’s health and fitness club is desirable
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification is desirable but not essential
- Complaint handling experience would be desirable