£ 18,532.80 per annum plus excellent benefits
- 40 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days including evenings and weekends
The Host will be part of the Front Desk Department at the Hotel and will report to the Front Desk Manager.
Goodwood is a quintessentially English estate, set in 12,000 acres of rolling West Sussex countryside. Rooted in our heritage, we deliver extraordinary and engaging experiences in modern and authentic ways. But what really sets us apart is our people. It is their passion, enthusiasm and belief in the many things we do that makes Goodwood the unique place it is.
It takes a certain sort of person to flourish in such a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment like Goodwood. We look for talented, self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for Goodwood to be ‘the home of exceptional experiences’.
Purpose of the Role
To ensure that all guests receive a warm, memorable and personalised welcome to Goodwood, setting the scene for their stay.
Qualities you will possess
- Ensure that guest needs are anticipated where possible
- Ensure that all comments, queries and complaints are handled effectively and consistently followed up
- Be familiar with and promote facilities and attractions at the hotel and the wider Estate
- As and when required, support the switchboard operator
- Ensure that guest bills are accurate and be responsible for floats whilst on duty
- Ensure that regular and VIP guests are known and cared for accordingly and that this information is communicated to the rest of the hotel team
- To complete administrative tasks as and when required and within set deadlines
What you need to be successful
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communicator
- A sense of fun!
- You need to be a people person with excellent customer service skills
- A good standard of education is required along with fluency in spoken and written English
- Experience of working in a customer facing role, ideally within the leisure or hospitality industry
- Experience in Using Protel or similar hotel management system is desirable
- Experience of using Microsoft Office
- Please view the document (opens in a pop up)