Looking for a second job in Cornwall?
We know times might be a little tough at the moment and some of you may be considering taking on a second employment in or near Cornwall to make things a bit easier. Employment hunting can appear daunting at the best of times, least of all when you have to find an employment which will fit around your current job or commitments. AllCornwallJobs is pleased to offer you some useful advice on finding a second job in the Cornwall area.
Part Time Jobs in Cornwall
Your first port of call may be to consultant AllCornwallJobs Part Time Jobs page to see all the available part time employment available in the Cornwall area. To make your search a bit easier, any position which has part time hours is not just accessible in its relevant sector you can also locate it on the Part Time Jobs page. Here you will see jobs that might range from just 5 hours a week to 30 hours a week. No matter how many hours you have to spare for a second job in or near the Cornwall area you may find one here to suit you.
The Type of Cornwall Jobs You May Consider
It can be difficult to know which sector to look at when considering a second job in the Cornwall area. It may be that you want a job similar to your current job to best use your skills, in which case keep searching our relevant employment sector page. However, there are other sectors which frequently offer part time and flexible positions which you may want to consider. These sectors include:
- Administration and book keeping – It is quite common for smaller companies in particular to want an administrator or book keeper to do just a few hours a week. This can occasionally be done in hours to suit you so it is worth checking our Administrative, Secretarial & PA Jobs page to check if there are any suitable second positions in the Cornwall area.
- Catering – We have a number of Cornwall area recruiters who often advertise with us and these frequently include local restaurants and cafes. On the Catering, Entertainment & Leisure page you should be able to find information on all the most recent part time catering positions such as waiters/waitress and kitchen staff. This is an sector which frequently offers flexible hours so are an excellent source for those looking for an additional job in or near the Cornwall area.
- Customer Service – Part time customer services positions such as reception jobs often appear on our Customer Service & Telesales page. Organisations such as hotels often advertise for receptionists to cover unusual hours in the Cornwall area which you could find fit around your current work.
- Care – If you have the necessary qualifications or experience our Nursing & Care page may prove useful when looking for an additional job in the Cornwall area.
- Retail – Our Retail Jobs page can be helpful if you are searching for a weekend job in particular. It is not unusual for retail outlets to have one set of employees who work during the week days and another set who work Saturday and Sunday. We have a number of Cornwall shops and Cornwall recruitment agencies who commonly advertise these kind of Cornwall area openings.
- Driving – If you have a driving licence consider our Transport, Driving & Logistics page. You may find a part time driving Cornwall job to suit you.
We work with experts in and around our local area to provide useful information relating to careers advice - we hope you will find these articles to be helpful
Once your redundancy is dealt with and any retraining has been undertaken you will probably need to find a new job. This can seem daunting, particularly if you have not had to look for a new
When we hear the word 'redundancy' it is natural to think of the impact that it will have on the person being made redundant with out regard for the difficulties inflicted upon the employer
Do you know the tax implications of receiving a redundancy package and how to avoid paying unnecessary tax? If you are going to find yourself struggling financially do you know how to lessen
Do you know what redundancy package you are likely to receive? Do you know what the government stipulated minimum package is? As well as detailing the legal and financial aspects we will
Do you feel like you’ve lost your identity and can’t stop feeling negative? It is not only the practicalities of redundancy that need to be addressed. Redundancy can also have a massive
We've been asking local employers for tips on what to do in an interview – and, of course, what not to do! Here are our top 10 not to do in that all-important job interview.
Have you thought about a new career or improving upon the skills you currently have? In this article we will offers tips and advice on increasing your 'employability' through courses and
It's too easy to start looking in the job section of the paper and applying for everything that has an attractive salary, car or any other perks, before falling into this trap, be really
Cornwall Employment & Business News
When attending interviews it's always good to be up to date with what's happening in the local business and employment sector - we hope you'll find these selected news articles interesting
Cornwall's unemployment rate of 3.2% is lower than the UK’s average of 4.7%
It can seem challenging to find a job that fits in with your life commitments. We are aware that 9 to 5 from Monday to Friday does not suit everyone. In fact, statistics show that the number of employees working over 45 hours a
Nursing and care is one of the largest industries in Cornwall with several hospitals and lots care homes and care services in this area. All of these establishments need staffing but how can you go about looking for the perfect
As well as preparing for what you should do when attending a job interview, whether it's a part time job in Cornwall or that perfect next step on the career ladder, it is just as
1. Describe your strengths
You can be fairly confident that on most Cornwall job interviews you will be asked what you think your strengths are (and sometimes what you think your weaknesses /